Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Death & The Sleeper in the Blue Room

Posts have been scarce lately. I find it so hard to tell the story of the "Sleeper in the Blue Room" up to this point. It's a bit odd and then again not at all unusual that an average Christian gets the call to journey through the dreamtime and connect with someone.



The "Dreamtime" that I'm referring to is the inter-connection of all living things and all that is. What could be more Christian? We are all one, we are all made from the hand of God.



Someplace I ran away from the dogma to look at the spirit. It found me, it always knew where I was. Spirit always knew I needed a little bit more than a few quick chants and a ceremony to get me through. In the last 9 years my world has moved from the two distinct hemi-spheres of "physical" reality and "fatih" to a continum where both intertwine in the middle.



Much healthier, much more balanced.



Last spring the "Sleeper in the Blue Room" began calling me. I didn't even realized I was being "called". Strange dreams. Pops of insight that flew through my mind. Then there was the dreaming. I had a series of repeating dreams about a WWII flyer from the RAF. In the dream I could see a familiar face, I could make out the time of year, the unit and other details. I could also make out that the flyer had been killed in a freak accident.


I looked up the unit, the month, the year, and the losses. I found my flyboy's name and how he died.


The dreams continued, I saw the accident. I saw him die. My heart broke with loss and longing.

Somehow "I" have known and loved the "Flyboy"even though he died 22 years before I was born. Somehow the "Sleeper" and the "Flyboy" are tied together. I think perhaps they are one and the same. Or perhaps they "Flyboy" was me. We are all intertwined somehow.

A few weeks before Christmas I was searching the web for pictures of Spitfires and Hurricanes, trying to find a photo of the plane from my dreams. I found a 2008 photo that looked like the "Sleeper" in the cockpit of a Spitfire hurtling across the sky.

As Hunter S. Thompson said "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."